Wednesday 19 August 2015

DDD (Due Date Disappointment)

So here I am sitting on the sofa, Marley on my lap, G to my side, at 9.30pm on the eve of Squishy's due date with absolutely, definitely no baby!! ...and I can't help but be so so disappointed which I know is ridiculous.



When you find out you are expecting a baby they work out your estimated due date based on your last period, the date we were given was 16th August and then when we went for our 12 week scan they can give a more accurate due date based on the baby's measurements and from then on Wednesday 19th August 2015 was our date. Our date when we could expect our baby should be sitting here with us...except she's not! 

I know it's by no means a guarantee and there's nothing anybody else can do about it - Squishy will of course come when she's good & ready and not a minute before but at the same time it's impossible not to build this date up in your mind and pin all your hopes on it. For all these weeks and months it's the only date you've had to go by and the big day you've been counting down to.
Baby's will be late. And that's all there is to it, especially first baby's - it's really not uncommon at all. Something like 80-90% of first baby's are late and only a teensy 4% come on their actual due date so I really have no idea why I'm surprised at all. I guess we just hoped we'd be one of the lucky ones to meet our baby on time.

I'm so so grateful to have had an amazing pregnancy with no real negative symptoms or most importantly complications. So far Squishy is looking happy and healthy in my belly and is obviously just too comfy to come out anytime soon. I'm so grateful not to be experiencing the other end of the spectrum, a premature baby which would have been such a worry I'm sure so I would definitely prefer things to have worked out like this but with both myself and G coming 2 weeks early we couldn't help but get our hopes up that Squishy just might do the same.
We know now it is literally a matter of time, 10 days absolutely max and they will be forcing her out i.e inducing me (not just randomly smoking her out or anything sinister like that! haha). Yet it still doesn't make the waiting any easier.

Me and Daddy are dying to meet you now baby girl so pleeeease hurry up and make an appearance.

Did you go overdue with your first baby? I'd love to hear how your story ended?
XOXO

No comments :

Post a Comment