Saturday 4 July 2015

MUA Matte Perfect Shine Control Foundation - Review

Since finding out we were expecting a baby back in December G and I have definitely been looking for ways to cut back and make savings. Sadly that seems to have hit my wardrobe and beauty purchases the most!
On the plus side though it has encouraged me to try new cheaper products and brands that I wouldn't necessarily have looked twice at before.


MUA are a makeup brand that I have been really impressed with in the past. They are without a doubt the cheapest brand on the high street with plenty of items for just £1 each. I own so many of their products, nail polishes, lipsticks, blushers, eyeshadow, mascara and have always been really pleased with the quality - especially for the price! You can read my previous product reviews on my old blog Sparkle Bug here.
Funnily enough their foundation is probably one of the only products I haven't tried.


I'll admit, I am a bit of a foundation snob! I love my MAC Studio Fix fluid, especially as I can usually pick it up in America a lot cheaper but after I finished my last bottle, with saving pennies on my mind, I thought it was time to try a budget foundation.
I went for MUA Matte Perfect Foundation.  I generally like pretty high coverage foundation and definitely prefer a matte finish over the dewey/glow look so the description sounded pretty spot on for me.
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Baring in mind that this foundation costs a 10th of the price of my usual MAC one it certainly wasn't the worst product I've ever used. I picked up the shade natural which is the lighter of the two shades available (the other is Almond). So obviously the selection of shades isn't very good and I do think it's important for a brand to offer a decent number of foundation shades to chose from. Women's skin tones definitely cannot be categorised into just two different colours!
That being said natural is actually a great colour match for me. I've found it easy to layer under bronzer on a pale day, or over fake tan on a darker skin day and it's super blendable. A little of this product really does go a long way, I'd say I've been using it regularly for at least 3-4 months now and it's only just beginning to run out.


The consistency of the foundation is better than I would expect for the price. It is quite thick and good coverage which can often be a problem with cheap foundation and I've often found products too runny for my liking. The only downside to Matte Perfect foundation I would say is the longevity. Throughout the day you do need to touch up your makeup so it's not ideal for nights out where you may be looking for a product that is more long lasting.
To be totally honest I haven't noticed any particular mattifying qualities about this foundation, and that is supposed to be the main selling point....but it definitely doesn't leave me looking greasy or shiny which is always a good thing.

For the absolute bargain price of £2....yes you did read that right!! This foundation is definitely worth a try and probably something I will be repurchasing while on maternity leave and watching the spending.
MUA products are available in Supersrug or online at www.muastore.co.uk

Have you tried any MUA products?
XOXO

No comments :

Post a Comment