Sunday 26 July 2015

Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter - Review

One of the products I've been trying out recently is Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter.
I didn't actually pick this up myself, it was a little gift from my mum but as I've recently developed a couple of late arriving stretchmarks on the under side of my bump - actually a little bit devastated - I was more than happy to give a new lotion a try.


I honestly never thought getting stretchmarks would bother me like it has. I think was always expecting them and was quite happy to accept that they just come along with being pregnant and I honestly wasn't that phased but I think as time has gone on and because I've managed to avoid any for this long I naively thought I may have escaped and was definitely disappointed to see them show up at 36 weeks! But hey-ho I know once a little girl is here stretchmarks will be the absolute last thing on my mind and one million percent worth it!


To be honest Burt's Bees aren't a company I am hugely familiar with. I have used and been impressed with their raved about lip balms but that's about it. I certainly never realised that they had any sort of pregnancy or baby friendly products.
I love that the belly butter is 99% natural and full of shea butter and vitamin E goodness. Being pregnant I am definitely more conscious of what I am putting on my skin, especially the precious bump!
For a belly butter I was expecting the lotion itself to be thicker and richer but it's actually quite a light consistency. This is definitely a good thing when it comes to quick absorbency, which is a god send when I apply the product before bed time but I think generally I do prefer any moisturising product to be thicker in order to get that deep moisturising feeling.


One thing I'm really not a fan of is the scent of this lotion. It is so so hard to describe but it's quite pharmaceutical and 'bees waxy' I guess and I'm really not a fan which surprised me because normally I love anything containing even a teensy trace of shea butter.

Mama Bee belly butter is definitely keeping my bump well moisturised and at no point have I struggled with dry or itchy skin thankfully but I'm not entirely sure it has effected my stretchmarks in any way, for the better or worse.
I'm still going to be slathering it on for the remainder of my pregnancy because it's honestly not going to hurt is it? But I do think I prefer the consistency and definitely the scent of my Palmers Stretchmark Lotion.

Burt's Bees Mama Bee range can be found in larger Boots stores or online and the belly butter retails at £13.99 which I do think is quite expensive compared to other similar products.

Have you tried any of the Mama Bee or Baby Bee range? I'd love to hear what you thought?
XOXO

No comments :

Post a Comment