Tuesday 11 August 2015

Bump update - 38 weeks

Bump

Bump has dropped slightly this week which is a relief for the heartburn. I can finally sleep at night without having to wake up & take Rennie's. Squishy's head is very very low and feeling pretty uncomfortable now. My midwife doesn't think she's going to be a big baby, just that she's very cramped & curled up which is making my belly SO hard.


What have we been up to?

Today I'm just catching up with my friend Becky and her two boys. It's nice to be able to see them as it's the school holidays. I woke up this morning exhausted and thought about cancelling but I'm really pushing myself to try and stay active & busy everyday to encourage baby along now. I've been taking Marley for lots of dog walks to try and keep active but I do get tired out really really quickly. He looks at me like I'm crazy when we have to go home already or stop for a rest on a bench.
We had a busy day on Friday running around trying to get some valuations for my car - unfortunately I have a two-seater convertible so even though realistically we're keeping it until Squishy has arrived now to make sure we can get to the hospital okay, the three of us won't be able to leave the hospital in it as there physically no backseat so it has to go at some point soon.

Weight/Cravings

I officially demolished all the ice cream that we had in the freezer! Oooooops!

Symptoms/Movement

Thankfully as I said heartburn has calmed down a little. I've gone from having to make sure I don't take over the recommended 10 Rennie's a day (it was that bad!) to maybe just 1 or 2 a day now. I definitely need the toilet more now Squishy has dropped a little and I've been feeling way more exhausted than in recent weeks.

Mood

Good this week. I've gone from being a little anxious and pretty convinced they'd be inducing me early to quite calm now. It panics me not knowing how or when I'll be going into labour but there's not a lot I can do about that.

Gender

Girl

Appointments

I went to see Karen this morning (38 + 1) and thankfully everything is looking really good now. My blood pressure has come right down since being on medication and there were no traces of protein in my wee so it's just a waiting game for everything to kick off naturally now. 
I had another midwife appointment yesterday (38 + 6) and all my obs are still coming back fine. Blood pressure is staying down nicely now so no more trips to the hospital for us!

Shopping

Even though we've technically already got one, I couldn't resist picking up another baby book. This one from the brand Pepper Pot is so so cute, goes perfectly with all our elephant themed stuff and is much more baby focussed. Whereas the book we already has the largest section for just your pregnancy, so large in fact that I am seriously behind with filling it in!!



Labour signs?

Lots more period type pains, lightening pain and I keep having dreams that my waters break so hopefully that's a subconscious sign! Haha 
The last few days I've been convinced that something is going to happen and having loads of twinges but it never does...it's so disappointing!

Are you around the 38 week pregnant mark? I'd love to hear from other August mummy-to-be's.
If you're enjoying our pregnancy updates I'd love you to follow our story either here or on Bloglovin'
XOXO

2 comments :

  1. As of today (16th) I am 39 + 3, so we are both at a similar stage. I think my bump may be bigger than yours and it's dramatically dropped. Night times and walking are my main bugbears... Shuffling around feeing like the baby could fall out any minute isn't fun, neither is waking the husband to help you turn over as you are physically frozen due to the weight of the bump! I'm on www.lucyskerrittloves.blogspot.co.uk if you want to follow any of my weekly updates! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes hun I'm 39+4 today so only a day in it! How exciting!!
      Hopefully not long now for either of us. Will pop over and say hello now xoxo

      Delete